· DIY Cost to Refinish Hardwood Floors. This generally costs between $300 and $400. Additionally, you’ll need to buy your stain, finish, and brushes or sprayers to apply these products to your floor. Wood stain is not expensive it generally costs under $10 per quart. And each quart can cover around 275 square feet.
· Whenever someone calls me to get a quote for floor sanding and they have engineered wood flooring, they often ask me if it’s even possible first. To be fair, it’s an understandable question,
Cost to Refinish Hardwood Floors. Refinish Hardwood Floors Costs Zip Code Square ft. Basic Better Best Refinish Hardwood Floors Material Prices $80.00 - $100.00 $125.00 - $130.00 $145.00 - $160.00 Refinish Hardwood Floors Labor Cost $225.00 - $235.00 $250.00 - $265.00 $300.00 - $325.00 Refinish Hardwood Floors Total $305.00 - $335.00 $375.00 -
The Cost of Refinishing Hardwood Stairs and Rails. Average: $40 - $75 per stair - Generally, a staircase will drive the cost of a refinishing project up by about 50%. This is because they are very small surfaces, that require skilled, time-consuming, detail work in order to get them properly re-finished.
Factors Affecting the Price of Engineered and Solid Hardwood Flooring. As you can see, prices vary tremendously. Here are the reasons: Five grades of wood flooring are sold, from best to worst
· Refinishing. According to the vendor-neutral, online home source Homewyse, the average professionally completed refinishing job costs $3.32 to $3.70 per square foot in 2014. That figures out
Cleanup: Refinishing a hardwood floor can be a messy process, and most of the time the contractor will not even offer the option of paying them for cleanup afterward. Because of this, you may need to factor in the cost
Refinishing hardwood floors helps to preserve the wood and make the boards shine again. Refinishing ranges from $2 to more than $5 per square foot, says Dusty Swegle, owner of Dusty’s Hardwood Floors Service in Tonganoxie, Kansas. Most companies’ prices fall somewhere in the middle, he adds. Because prices vary nationally,
Average Cost to Refinish a Floor When refinishing a floor, it needs to be sanded, stained, and then finished with a protective layer. Labor costs between $3 and $5 per square foot, so let’s assume labor will be the middle figure of $4 per square foot.
· The cost to refinish wood floors depends on several factors, but the average professionally completed refinishing job costs $3.32 to $3.70 per square foot.
Cost to Sand and Refinish Wood Floors. Refinishing hardwood flooring is the process of sanding away the damaged top layer of wood and applying a fresh finish. Professional cost to refinish hardwood flooring: $2.50-$5.50 per square foot.
As with any home improvement project, the cost of refinishing hardwood floors varies based on location, floor material, floor condition and other factors. Material Costs. The average cost to refinish hardwood floors is $970 to $1,250 per 300 square feet -- the average reported size of a kitchen in 2012. That cost can easily rise depending on the specific floors, their condition and extra enhancements.
Average Cost to Refinish a Floor. An average 300 square foot room will set you back $4 multiplied by 300 square feet. This amounts to $1,200 . Alternatively, if you’re planning to do the project yourself, expect
Is it cheaper to refinish or replace hardwood floors? It is cheaper to refinish a hardwood floor than replace it. Refinishing a 200 square foot room would cost $850-$1,260 to sand, stain, and finish with polyurethane. Replacing a hardwood floor of the same size would cost $2,000-$4,000 for solid or engineered wood. How much does it cost to sand
· Not all hardwood nor engineered hardwood floors are created equal, and when weighing a hardwood and an engineered hardwood floor of similar quality, the price will also be similar. When shopping for hardwood floors, understand that the wood variety, width, thickness, and finish will determine the price
The cost to Refinish a Hardwood Floor starts at $4.45 - $5.45 per square foot, but can vary significantly with site conditions and options. Get fair costs for your SPECIFIC project requirements. See typical tasks and time to refinish a hardwood floor, along with per unit costs and material requirements.