Redwood and cedar are two similar types of decking material. Both of them offer great durability and provide superior insect resistance and the wood will not decay that easily. Redwood and cedar are fire resistant decking material and are easy to seal, stain and/or paint. Redwood especially will absorb almost any type of finished really will lasting at least 20 years.
· Infinity Decking, produced by Fortress Deck, is among the vanguard of the newest generation of fully-capped composite decking, incorporating strong, water-resistant bamboo. The result is a durable, aesthetically pleasing, and low-maintenance deck well-suited for the Wisconsin climate.
There is a range of wood species for outdoor use e.g. Treated Pine, Cypress Pine or several hardwood types. Some of them may have small advantages compared to others but it is more important to achieve the result and the look you want and to stay within your budget. Choosing a different decking timber can affect the final price by approximately
· Now all you have to do is choose your decking timber. The 7 best timbers for decking. Domain Nov 13, 2015. Hazard rating will tell you if its suitable
You can't base your choice of timber on looks alone though. There are big practical differences between different sorts of timber that can have serious consequences for your decking or pergola, and which make certain types or qualities of timber much more suitable than others for different purposes.
A deck stain is the best way to maintain the natural wood grain of any wooden surface. If you have built a new patio timber deck or need to floor existing decking around your home, a deck stain creates a long-lasting professional finish.
Composite Decking. Made from a mix of wood fibres and recycled plastic, composite decking is an easy and environmentally friendly alternative to timber. Popular brands, like Ekodeck and Modwood, offer highly weather-resistant products designed specifically for Australian backyards.
· Seven Trust Wood: This attractive wood is strong, naturally water-resistant, and a stylish substitute for typical redwood or teak decking. Recycled Composite: This alternative decking material prevents waste from going to the landfill.
It’s tough, performs well in the unpredictable Australian climate and it’s also a minimal staining timber as it’s less prone to bleed tannins than other species. Generally, I’ll just use a natural timber oil without any tint to treat the decking, as the last thing you want to do is
Both wood materials are subject to marring and denting although they provide a beautiful decking surface. It is recommended to wash the wood at least once a year so it can extend the life of the product even more. These decking materials should cost you about $3-$4 per square foot, and add a couple more for the installation or labor pricing.
Wood is often the most cost-effective and efficient material for creating deck flooring. Wood looks great, weathers well, spans wide joist distances, and is easily available. By contrast, wood's closest contenders, composite wood and PVC, are expensive and have short joist spans. All of this means that wood still holds a strong position as the decking floorboard of choice.
· Jarrah. Jarrah is more expensive than many other decking timbers, but its beautiful colour, which ranges from light to very dark browns and reds, makes it a popular choice. If left unsealed, jarrah turns a pleasing grey colour over time. Jarrah has a durability rating of 2, which makes it a good timber for decking.
· Let delve deeper into understanding the various types of decking material you can find in the market. Composite Decking . Unlike natural wood decking, composite decks commonly known as wood plastic composite are quite easy to maintain as there is no need for the home owner to do re-varnishing every one year or so.