· Building a deck over a flat roof is very similar to building a deck over a concrete patio. These decks are often referred to as “floating,” as they are not secured in place as a stand-alone structure. They are merely “placed” on top of another structure. First, you must make sure the roof is strong enough to support 55 lbs per square foot.
Pictures of covered decks and patios built in the Greater Kansas City area by All Weather Decks. Every picture on this page is a Kansas City Deck built in the Kansas City Metro area. Pictures of Decks in Kansas City Deck, Overland Park Deck, Olathe Deck, Shawnee Deck, Lenexa Deck
· Martin writes: How do you properly build a concrete deck with a roof over a living area and prevent water leakage from rain and snow? What are the code requirements? The location is in Eastern PA. Steve Bliss, of BuildingAdvisor.com, responds: Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the building code does not offer a lot of guidance on the best building details for this type of construction.
53 Top-of-the-World Rooftop Patio Ideas. Prev Article Next Article . A lovely sunken rooftop patio with a checkerboard deck and a fantastic view of the surrounding grasslands. A covered rooftop patio overlooking the in-ground pool and an incredible view of the water. Wrought iron railings surround the curved patio.
“My wife and I hired Ocean Pacific Patios to design and build two patio covers using the Alumi-wood products. They took their time to listen to what we wanted and propose cost saving ideas, while maintaining the overall look and appeal that we desired.
· how to build gable roof over deck / porch. The Worst Roofing Job Ever This Tops Anything I have Seen in 25 Years of Roofing - Duration: 7:11. West Coast Roofer - Roofing and Roof Repair 2,845,664
Watch this video to find out how to construct a deck on a roof to turn it into a great place for outdoor entertaining. Deck Foundation: Using deck supports, which are adjustable in both height and pitch, for the foundation. Deck Joists: Notching posts to fit deck band joists for added support
· Start here if you're building a roof over a patio or deck. This article discusses strategies for building over an existing slab patio or over a deck, and offers links to articles about the specific tasks such as pouring the footings, raising posts, and so forth.
Vaulted Ceiling on Covered Patio. A covered master bedroom vaulted deck displaying ceiling planks with a contemporary ceiling fan furnished with a teak sectional and ottomans upholstered in white. A tiered woven chandelier hangs from a vaulted covered patio ceiling over a concrete coffee table flanked by white slipcovered chairs topped
Deck and Patio Cover Experts in Albany, Corvallis, Salem, and . With over 20 years experience in the Willamette Valley, TnT Builders specializes in decks, patio covers, pergolas, and more patio covers on a budget - Bing Images Do It Yourself Patio Cover Plans - pictures, photos, images Roof deck design, gable roof patio See more
· What is a Cathedral Ceiling and Why would your Porch or Sunroom want one? Posted by bostondecksandporches Dec 14, 2014 and thus consider a sloped ceiling under a shed roof to be vaulted and not cathedral. Over the past 26 years we have designed and built over 950 projects, including over 240 porches and sunrooms. We have enhanced the
Bobby Parks is a nationally recognized deck, porch, patio, and remodeling contractor who has over 27 years of experience in the industry and delivered over 40 million dollars of residential and commercial deck and porch projects. Bobby owns BP Consulting and Design LLC and is a contributing editor for Professional Deck Builder magazine.
· It features a sink, refrigerator, commercial grill, ice maker and self-serve beverage center. A TV centered on the wall allows the homeowners and their guests to catch their favorite sports without leaving the roof, says designer Vanessa Slivinski of Chicago Roof Deck and Garden.
How to Build an Observation Deck Over a Covered Patio eHow Building an observation deck on top of your existing covered porch is a way for the family together to take . How to Build a Deck Above a Slope Roof.
Patio covers will protect your outdoor furniture materials including rattan, teak, and wicker. And lastly, you can look at other designs like guys awnings and metal patio roof. These ideas can help you a lot on how to design a patio roof. guys awnings will make great patio roof designs during the summer because they let the filtered sunlight
The most common way is to create an opening in the roof and turn a portion of the attic into a roof deck/patio. If you already have access to your roof but can’t build into an attic, you may also be able to build a roof onto the deck. You’ll need to make sure your roof can withstand the extra weight of the deck before you proceed.