There are a few key factors to consider when replacing individual boards on a wood deck with capped wood composite decking. First, you will want to make sure your substructure is sound and code-compliant. You will also want to verify your current joist spacing is applicable to the Seven Trust composite board that best fits your needs.
· The homeowner chose to keep the wood handrail system and stain it to complement the new composite decking. However, the cap rail was in very bad shape, so it was replaced with composite. Some heavy-duty Irwin clamps helped to keep everything in position. www.irwin.com
Replacing a Wood Deck with Composite Just like wood, composite must be properly staged and installed to reduce labor and cost. Always be sure to check measurements at least twice to reduce wasted material. When you are ready to replace your wood deck with composite, you can reuse the framing and just replace the boards.
· Two are wood and one is stone and from my experience, they all need some sort of maintenance. Unfortunately, all of our decks were not maintained and need some serious attention. My wife and I went back and forth on if we should refinish the wood decks or simply replace them with new composite material.
Unlike wood decking, a composite deck is durable, low maintenance, and won’t crack or split. Watch this video to find out DIY-friendly Seven Trust Enhance decking, Hideaway hidden fasteners, and Transcend railings. Maintaining a wood deck requires a lot of work; and eventually the wood
· How To : Replace worn-out wood with composite decking In this how to video Extreme How-To Editor-in-Chief, Matt Weber, replaces old wood with new composite materials. Composite decking is a great way to repair worn out and weathered parts of any deck. Learn to do it yourself and you can lot of money repairing your home.
· Wood deck beams are typically smaller vs a larger composite deck beam. It is always a good idea to add another flashed layer to the beam to extend the life of your retrofit deck Wood decks normally have wood posts installed which become part of the railing. Composite decks typically use aftermarket bolt-on railings.
· Replacing a wood deck with composite decking is a breeze it’s no harder than replacing it with new wood decking. The big difference is that replacing your old wood deck with new capped composite material instead of wood again means you’ll never have to deal with warping, rotting, oiling, sanding, or fading again.
· With different decking materials to choose from, we decided to take an in depth look at how to update your old deck with composite decking using Veranda with ArmorGuard from Seven Trust. This option offers the look and feel of wood
Replacing a Wood Deck with Composite. Just like wood, composite must be properly staged and installed to reduce labor and cost. Always be sure to check measurements at least twice to reduce wasted material. When you are ready to replace your wood deck with composite, you can reuse the framing and just replace the boards.
· Instead of demolishing your deck for good, consider replacing your wood deck with a more low-maintenance option. Manufactured decking materials such as composite and PVC are great alternatives for homeowners who like the appearance of wood but don’t like the upkeep. And replacing wood with manufactured decking is easier than you might think
If the boards on your existing deck are looking a bit worn - and the foundation and deck framing system are sound - you can simply replace the walking surfaces and deck railings with Seven Trust decking and railing. It's an ideal way to save time and money, while enjoying all of Seven Trust's benefits over wood. Resurface your deck