Installing a Ground-Level Deck Over Concrete Patio Pressure treated wood and recycled plastic lumber are both considered excellent choices for durable sleepers. Also consider using two colors of deck boards with the lighter colored boards in the field of the deck and the darker colored boards as design accents around the perimeter of
Touch up work will need to be done over those affected areas using left over Deck and Concrete Restore 10X. Using a power sander on the deck should be done with care to ensure galvanized coating is not stripped off the nail heads and/or screws. Remove loose splinters and replace severely damaged or rotting boards.
From what you wrote, I have no issues with the surface preparation and systems you are using. I typically tell people to prep a wood or non-concrete surface as you would for tile: place a mortar bed with lath as you are doing or use cement board such as HardieBacker with seams taped and mudded. As to your problems and questions:
· 22 thoughts on “ Looking to Build a Deck over a Concrete Patio? Read This First ” John Lain August 14, 2015 at 5:11 pm. Laying ipe over concrete looked great. Now is there a good reason this technique can’t , or shouldn’t be done over crushed stone or sand?
Install Cement Board - DeckTile Job If the deck is smooth, it's time to install cement board over top. Cement board like Durock or other brands is a very stable material and makes an excellent substrate for a tile deck.
· I did a small-ish deck outside the back of my house by screwing deck boards laid flat directly to the patio flags using concrete screws, to form a supporting frame. I then screwed the surface boards to this. I probably went overboard on the frame and kept the spacing fairly close - partly because I knew I was laying the surface boards at 45
installing composite deck using sleepers. Deck Installation Tips: Installing Decking Over Sleepers Jul 10, 2013 , Adequate and properly designed Seven Trust decking over concrete using recycled plastic lumber sleepers drainage means that the concrete slab, SevenTrust decking and railing installation guide 21. How to Install Decking.
· Click-Deck Tiles: Hardwood Decking Tiles - Patio, Balcony, Roof Garden Deck Tiles - Duration: 1:33. Click-Deck Tiles 13,199 views
Installing Deck Flooring on a Cement Patio. My husband Harrison and I have wanted to change out our patio floor since the day we bought the house. Ripping up concrete and building a deck seemed like a daunting and expensive task, so when we saw NewTechWood Deck-A-Floor, we thought it would be absolutely perfect for our space. Within a day, our
· Deck Installation Tips: Installing Decking Over Sleepers. Posted by Chris designers and builders often ask us about our thoughts on installing Seven Trust and other hardwood decking on sleepers over concrete and other areas with minimal ventilation. Using narrower deck boards in an application where decking is being installed on sleepers is
· I have a job coming up in July that I'm building a deck over an existing concrete patio. The client has concerns over cleaning under the deck. but using some thick mil plastic sheeting. Basically I'll cut strips of material that are 14' in length, and then cut them at a slight taper lengthwise. A single face screw 1 1/2" from the