Building a Paver Stone Patio One approach is to get rid of the concrete patio slab and replace it with interlocking paver stones. To do this, you would need to break apart the existing concrete slab with a jack hammer. Once you have removed all the concrete pieces you would need to prepare the soil for the paver stones.
Slab-to-Fab Patio Makeover. Plant Your Seat Build this sturdy bench with a colorful hanging garden. It offers seating and storage, carries colorful plants to new heights, and breaks up an expanse of plain siding. Pillows tie the bench into the rest of the patio decor. Patio Plants Petunia A : spreading annual. Coleus B : bushy annual.
· 22 thoughts on “ Looking to Build a Deck over a Concrete Patio? Read This First ” John Lain August 14, 2015 at 5:11 pm. Laying ipe over concrete looked great. Now is there a good reason this technique can’t , or shouldn’t be done over
Building a Wooden Deck Over a Concrete One: So we've had this very sturdy but extremely plain looking concrete porch in the back of the house, and we've always wanted to make it warmer and
Building Over a Patio Slab. Then cover the slab with a layer of 30-lb. roofing felt followed by a layer of 6-mil plastic sheeting. Lap the seams about 6 inches or so. Next, lay pressure-treated sleepers face-down on the plastic, spacing them no more than 16 inches on center 12 inches on center is better .
· Hi, I am about to install a wooden deck over my 2 ugly but solid concrete slab patios. I have enough info and help for this job, except can someone please advise the best way to support / lift the decking frame above the concrete slabs
· How to build a deck over an existing patio slab with low clearance. Determine the joist height for the system. To get the height of the joists, subtract the thickness of the decking from the distance between the top of the slab and the bottom of the patio door threshold. In our case this was 2-1/2 inches. You will probably need a minimum of 1-1/2 inches to do this project. Anything greater than
This Deck-a-Floor system is so neat; it is like putting a puzzle together. First, you lay the grid pieces down. On top of the grids, you place the clip-in accessories according to the instructions. Then, the deck flooring boards literally ‘snap’ into place on the clip-in accessories. One by one, board by board, it starts to come together
The screws/nails must penetrate the concrete by one inch or more. Install the sleeper joists parallel to the direction of expected water run-off. Apply standard spacing to the joists: no greater than 16 inches on
· how to build a decking over existing concrete patio Wood Amazing Adding or Filling Concrete over Existing Garage Slab Wash Finished Driveway and Wooden Stamped Concrete Patio Part 2
It is easy to do and can be built by most do-it-yourselfers. Instead of removing the concrete just build right over the top. Seventrust deck over cement composite decking from If you are free for a day at home, then building deck stairs is one amazing project you can work on to
The existing slabs may or may not be able to support the columns check with your local building codes department . Again, I recommend you contact a local contractor who will be able to visually inspect and recommend the best approach for your specific situation. We hope this helps you know how to build a porch over concrete.
Building Over a Patio Slab. Then cover the slab with a layer of 30-lb. roofing felt followed by a layer of 6-mil plastic sheeting. Lap the seams about 6 inches or so. Next, lay pressure-treated sleepers face
Products Case. DIY Steps for Building a Deck Over a Patio Slab: The Low Down on Mar 28, 2007 How to build a deck over an existing patio slab with low clearance. many who would love to have a deck in place of their concrete patio slab.
· Re: Deck over existing cement slab I ended up just drilling into the cement slab and laying footers with 4x4's coming off them up to the joists. It never freezes where I live and the slab is
Re: Building deck on top of concrete patio. Placing the joists directly over a slab on grade sog isn't a great idea. You'll trap moisture below the deck boards, along with all manner of organic material which
Installing Deck Flooring on a Cement Patio My husband Harrison and I have wanted to change out our patio floor since the day we bought the house. Ripping up concrete and building a deck seemed like a daunting and expensive task, so when we saw NewTechWood Deck