· Lion Lawns artificial grass is designed to allow fantastic drainage and last for many years in the future however if not installed correctly with sufficient base works, problems can surface in the future. Choosing Lion Lawns to install your artificial grass on decking ensures a thorough examination of the decking. Rotten or broken decking would not be a good idea to act as the base works
Lay a deck fabric over the earth to prevent weeds growing up through the deck. You can peg the fabric or weigh it down with concrete or paving slabs. You can peg the
· Decking is generally easier to install than paving, and can be used to hide a variety of sins in the garden. It can be laid over an existing concrete patio without having to dig it up and, with a bit of regular care, can remain in good condition for many years. Before installing a deck of any size, it is worth checking with your local planning officer. Most decks will not be a problem, but
Lastly, consider trip hazards if you’re laying artificial grass partially onto a driveway, patio, path or similar. Depending on your chosen synthetic turf you will find the grass is raised 15 40mm above the surface of the area. Simply adding diminishing strips to the area will prevent trips, or if you have the time and inclination, a simple border can be added to the fake grass area.
· The tiles should remain below the level of the grass to avoid damaging the lawnmower when it passes.The laying can also be carried out on concrete rather than gravel. Steps:
· Easy to install and maintain, artificial grass is rapidly taking UK gardens by storm. Perfect for households that may not have the time to properly maintain a grass garden, artificial turf can be quickly laid on most surfaces and requires little more than occasional brushing to
Laying artificial grass on decking In many respects, it is far easier to install artificial grass on decking than preparing a garden full of earth and turf. This is because
Products Case. can i lay deck tiles directly over grass - Outdoor WPC Decking. can i lay deck tiles directly over grass. Wood Plastic Composite Decking can be cleaned using soap and water, with a
· It's possible to lay patio pavers directly on grass without digging, but you likely won’t be happy with the results. For a longer-lasting, more attractive patio or walkway, take the time to dig
Hi, great to find useful information here. We are building a deck around a pool, and are going to put astro turf on the top. As the new is new, we can put any material on the top of the deck, and it seems a bit excessive to run pine slats across and then cover it with the turf.
Having planned your patio, it’s a good idea to lay the slabs out into position so you can do one final check of measurements, and ensure you are laying a pattern you’re happy with. Make a note or take a photograph of your preferred layout.
Purchase a tarp the size of the patio you are building. While you can use landscape fabric, a lightweight tarp provides enough barrier to kill any grass under it within six months. Lay the tarp on the ground within your patio boundary. Hold it in place with a few shovels of mulch, pea gravel or sand, whichever you plan to use to hold the pavers in place.
· First things first. Before you start constructing your deck, it would be wise to have a well-designed plan of your deck, know how much decking you need, as well as having all your materials and equipment. As this is a blog on how to lay your deck on grass, we are going to go ahead and assume that you already have a pretty decent design plan. Something along the lines of “this is my garden, it is this